Fast Groestl coin miner kernel for sgminer 5.1 written in GCN assembly.
MH/TFlops is the efficiency of the kernel regardless of the hardware. There are 3 speed categories:
- 1.5: ocl Cat14.9
- 4 ocl Cat14.7
- 5.4 asm and latest ocl cat14.7 /*Well done! 😀 */
Note that asm still has a little room of improvement: the first/last round optimizations.
Download binary kernels
- You can download binary kernels from here.
- Make sure that the chip name is the same as your card (eg. Tahiti) and copy the binary kernel next to sgminer.exe.
- Run sgminer.exe the same way as before with the “-k groestlcoin” parameter.
- If the binary for your card is not found on the link but you managed to compile it, please send me the new binary with additional benchmark information (card name, how many cards, catalyst ver, engine_MHz, OCL MH/s, ASM MH/s, maybe power consumption). I’ll update the list. For instructions please see details below.
Downloading source, and compiling the kernel for a specific GPU
Please refer to this blog post for details:
Instructions: Compiling and running the ASM Groestl kernel in sgminer 5.1
If you’re interested, here are a series of blog posts I made during the development of this kernel:
Implementing Groestl hash function in GCN ASM
Optimizing Groestl hash function in GCN ASM – Part 1.
Optimizing Groestl hash function in GCN ASM – Part 2.
Making the GCN ASM Groestl kernel to run inside sgminer 5.1
Testing the GCN ASM Groestl kernel using sgminer 5.1